In 2017 UD+P sold Reliable, our LEED Gold Certified redevelopment of the former “Reliable Parts” building located along the Division Street retail corridor in Southeast Portland’s Richmond neighborhood.
Previously an underutilized property, Reliable has contributed to the vitality of the neighborhood with thoughtfully designed urban retail and residential space. Whereas other companies might have completely demolished the existing structure because of the high land value, UD+P preserved many components of the original building, significantly reducing waste.
Architect: Kava Massih
Architect of Record: Francis Dardis/Stack Architecture
Builder: Lorentz Bruun Construction
Landscape Architect: Terra Fluxus
- Residential units LEED Gold Certified by the U.S. Green Building Council
- One apartment on the ground floor and 12 apartments upstairs
- 8,000 square feet of ground-floor retail
- Outdoor second-story residential courtyard private to the residents
- Bike and pedestrian friendly with convenient access to major bike corridors, public transportation, and neighborhood-serving businesses/services