The Fairmount Hotel was completed just in time for the 1905 Lewis and Clark Centennial Exposition.
Located on NW 26th Avenue, across from what was once the Exposition's entrance, the Fairmount provided affordable lodging to workers and fairgoers. The hotel was later converted into apartments. The Fairmount was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2000; we love its historic character, turn-of-the-century architectural features, and exceptional location.
When we acquired The Fairmount, the structure and layout of the building had been updated and changed various times over the years and needed extensive restoration and rehabilitation. In mid-2018, we will complete a yearlong renovation including new plumbing and electrical, a new roof, and new landscaping—all while preserving the historic charm of The Fairmount’s exterior.
The newly renovated building will feature 80 residences: a mix of urban flats and one- and two-bedroom units. All units will feature beautiful hardwood floors, tall ceilings, stainless steel appliances, handcrafted cabinets, ceiling fans, and classically designed tile bathrooms. Building features will include shared laundry on each floor, library, WiFi in common areas, first-floor lounge with fireplace, bike storage, secured access, two private courtyards, and a work/study lounge.
We are thrilled to preserve this vital piece of Portland history so it can provide housing and enjoyment to Portland residents for another century or longer.
Architect: Michael Flowers Architect, Inc.
Renovation Construction / Project Management: UD+P Builders
- 80 stunningly restored and updated residences (59 urban flats, 17 one-bedroom, 4 two-bedroom)
- Hardwood floors, handcrafted kitchen cabinetry, stainless steel appliances, generous shelving, built-in storage, tiled bathrooms, and ceiling fans
- Inviting common areas including lobby lounge with fireplace on first floor, light-filled library/workspace on second floor, and two outdoor courtyards
- Secured bike storage and building access
- Shared laundry area on each floor
- Many original features preserved and restored, including reclaimed wood cabinetry, casework, and hardwood flooring
- Listed on the National Register of Historic Places
- Managed locally by UD+P