We purchased this four-story, turn-of-the-century brick building in the winter of 2012 and completed our renovations early in 2013.
The 1907 structure was originally the home of a candy factory. After that, it served as a grocery distribution center before finally becoming the headquarters of the American Brush Company in the 1950s.
We are excited to preserve this valuable landmark in the Central Eastside Industrial District, and to have American Brush serve as the headquarters of UD+P. To make the 19,400-square-foot building safer, and to ensure that it will last another hundred years or more, we completed a voluntary seismic retrofit, restored the brick façade, and replaced the electrical, plumbing and HVAC.
Architect: Stack Architecture
Builder: Lorentz Bruun Construction
Preservation of historic brick building in Central Eastside Industrial District
High-visibility location at the core of the Burnside-Couch Couplet, a major transportation hub channeling westbound traffic onto the Burnside Bridge
- ADA-compliant restrooms and elevator
- New windows for natural light and energy efficiency
- Onsite parking with new trees planted to accentuate green spaces and revitalize the area for the local community
- Easy access to the bus line, downtown bike paths, and the Portland Streetcar
- Tenants include UD+P Headquarters, Goldstar, and Opinionated
- Managed locally (and literally in-house) by UD+P