At the corner of NW 21st and Irving, UD+P introduces our newest mixed-use BUILDING, ÀLMR, to Portland’s Alphabet Historic District, where active sidewalks and a vibrant blend of retail and residential buildings has been the norm for decades.
Àlmr, adds to the urban fabric with ground-floor retail and three floors of residential apartments. Àlmr's modern architecture and design complements the neighborhood’s blend of Old Portland-style houses, vintage apartment buildings, and new residential projects. Most units have balconies, and all units feature stainless steel appliances, high quality finishes, gas ranges, concrete floors, and crown molding.
With a Walk Score of 98 and a Bike Score of 96, Àlmr’s location is incredibly bike and pedestrian friendly; most daily errands do not require a car. A variety of neighborhood services and grocery stores (including New Seasons, Trader Joe's and Fred Meyer) are a short walk or bike ride away, as are dozens of bars and restaurants, three city parks, and Providence Park–home of the Portland Timbers. Also nearby are popular dining, shopping and entertainment districts NW 23rd Avenue, the Pearl District, and the West End. Àlmr is located just blocks from two bus lines and the streetcar line, which runs to the Pearl District, downtown, Portland State University, and the South Waterfront.
Architect: Emerick Architects P.C.
Builder: Colas Construction
Estimated Date of Completion: Fall 2018
- 57 residential units (studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom) and ground-floor retail
- Stainless steel appliances, gas ranges, crown molding, and concrete floors in all units
- Balconies in most units
- Underground parking, secure bike storage, and private, outdoor common area
- Located in one of Portland’s most historic and vibrant mixed-use neighborhoods with excellent pedestrian, bike, and transit access
- Short walk to parks, grocery stores, restaurants, entertainment, neighborhood services, and a range of independent shops and national retailers