Built in 2011, 3810 Division was the first of four ground-up mixed-use projects UD+P developed along the thriving, transit-oriented Division Street retail corridor in Southeast Portland.
Affectionately known as “Move the House,” 3810 Division is a four-story building with ground-floor retail and three floors of apartments above.
One challenge we faced with this lot was deciding what to do with the beautiful old Portland Foursquare house that faced Division Street. Rather than demolish the house to make room for our new development, we "moved the house" to face 38th Avenue. With LEED Platinum-certified apartments and a permeable-surface courtyard with vegetated planters and other fixtures to manage storm water, 3810 Division raised the bar for green building practices in Portland.
In 2017, UD+P sold 3810 Division. We are proud of the project’s ongoing contributions to the vitality of the neighborhood and the Division Street corridor.
Architect: Stack Architecture
Builder: Lorentz Bruun Construction
Landscape Architect: Terra Fluxus
- LEED Platinum Certified by the U.S. Green Building Council
- Residential building split in the middle with a sky-bridge corridor to give the building and the block a more spacious look
- One level of ground-floor retail and three levels of residential apartments above
- 24 apartments total—a mix of studios, one-bedrooms and two-bedrooms
- High-end appliances, appointments and finishes
- Flow-through courtyard allows pedestrian movement to the back of the property
- Retail sales and services occupy tranquil south-facing spaces looking out onto a community garden
- Bike and pedestrian friendly with easy access to major bike corridors, public transportation, and neighborhood-serving businesses/services