116 NE 6th, Portland, Oregon
We purchased this four-story, turn-of-the-century brick building in the winter of 2012, and completed our renovations early in 2013. The 1907 structure was originally the home of a candy factory. After that, it served as a grocery distribution center before finally becoming the headquarters of the American Brush Company in the 1950s.
We are excited to preserve this valuable landmark in the Central Eastside Industrial District, and to make American Brush the headquarters of UD+P. To make the 19,400-square-foot building safer, and to ensure that it will last another hundred years or more, we completed a voluntary seismic retrofit, restored the brick façade, and replaced the electrical, plumbing, and HVAC.
- Preservation of historic brick building in Central Eastside Industrial District.
- Incredibly high-visibility location at the core of the Burnside-Couch Couplet, a major transportation hub channeling westbound traffic onto the Burnside Bridge.
- Zoned for light industrial.
- New ADA-compliant restrooms and elevator.
- New windows for natural light and energy efficiency.
- Onsite parking, with newly planted trees to accentuate green spaces and enhance the area for the local community.
- Easy access to the bus line, downtown bike paths and the Portland Streetcar.
- Tenants include UD+P Headquarters, Alma Chocolate, Squishy Media, WANP, and Goldstar.
- Managed locally (and literally in-house) by UD+P.
Architect: Stack Architecture
Builder: Lorentz Bruun Construction